Sunday, March 13, 2005

That day I don't like...

Yes, you guessed it. It's a Monday.

That's what reggae band Black Uhuru sang 25 years ago and that's what I think every Monday. The Monday dread is as close to a universal feeling as one can probably get. The weekend ends and another round ensues. Ding!.

Thank God for the weekend. It gives you a chance to catch up on what your work interferes with. That's the function of it. Like holidays, the weekend serves to keep us coming back for more. I wonder how long we'd take it if we did not have short breaks to recapture our energy and our work ethic. That's it. Take a vacation every year and come back all fresh for another year of boring, monotonous and uncreative work. Come back to Maggie's Farm. Come back with 'a head full of ideas that' drives you insane (Dylan, 1965). That's the irony of life under capitalism. When you have the time to do stuff, you don't afford it. When you have the money to do things, you don't have the time. Take comfort in the fact that Maggie's Farm is productive and keep waiting for the trickling to begin.

Speaking of Dylan, I just got hold of a great album this weekend. It's a reggae tribute to one of the two greatest Bobs. It's great to hear some of Dylan's greatest tracks played to a one drop beat and chilled skanking. Is it Rolling Bob? Yes mate. I think it is.

One last thing. My locality had local council elections last Saturday. As an exemplary citizen I went to vote. I had my headphones on, listening to my favourite Clash album, Sandinista. As I was walking in the police officer at the door stopped me and looking at my earphones, said: "Is that a mobile?"! Yeah, good job officer. If you can't tell the difference between a mobile and a pair of earphones, I wonder if you're able to spot, let alone, catch the baddies. Two doughnuts to go...

"gib erba pastizzi maghhom Chal..."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i want is to know what album the song (that day i dont like...)comes out of.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Peklectrick said...

The album is called: Chill Out

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home