Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Footie (4)

Evidently, every time I publish a post about a favourite football team, they go out and lose. The bastards do it to spite me, I know. 4 -1 this time (3-2 last time...do i see a trend here?). Against Italy. At least it was a friendly. But that is as comforting to moi as a healthy salad is to a fat-ass.
When your team concedes two goals in the first seven minutes of play, you know something is rotten in Deutschland. It's the defense stupiden. Or lackthereof. The defense is more shaky than San Andreas Fault. In fact its not San Andrea's fault. It's San Klinsmann's fault. Klinsmann must have been reading too many superhero comics to keep playing with three, ahem, defenders after the instant shock that were the first two goals. It took a third one to change his mind. Hopefully he learnt his lesson.
The only star in this German team is Lahm. He is true to the spirit of that great Brehme guy. Let's hope he's not injured for the World Cup. Ballack? Bollocks. Frinks and Klose? They only play well against Juventus. And Lehmann? He must have an ego the size of Antartica to think he is better than Khan. But let's stop at that. It's just the morning-after effect. Being a wannabe optimist I think that I can see an improvement from Voller's team. But that's not saying much is it?
But in all honesty it's not really their fault. This is just a case of what psychologists would call transference (or something). It's all my fault. In the wise words of Mr. White "I swear to God I'm fucking jinxed!". I've got to be. This bad luck trend, of publishing a fottie post before a game, has got to stop here, or at least be positively channeled somwhere else. For this reason I declare that from now on (till next week that is) I am an ardent Werder Bremen fan. Let's hope for the best in Turin...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacques RenĂ© Zammit said...

2 things:

1) Do NOT write any other post about JUVE. On pain of physical punishment. (At least not BEFORE the match - which is what I do)

2) If you go on in this manner you might want to start contributing to the Bollettino della Sfiga http://bollettino.blogspot.com

12:44 AM  
Blogger Peklectrick said...

1) Juve who? We (Werder Bremen) are going to kick your zebra ass next week...

2) I sleep when I read it.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home