Monday, February 27, 2006

Meeting Toni Sant

I knew Toni Sant was going to be giving lectures today. Didn't know that I would end up meeting him. I knew I would meet il-Fre. Didn't know he would be meeting Toni. And so the story goes.
Fre wasn't much wiser about the meeting. He just got a message from Toni requesting a meeting. The reason was a mystery. We decided that Toni wants to overthrow the system and was enlisting the charming guy with the hat for this endeavor. There were no two ways about it. I would have to join the uprising. The force might not be strong with me but I can always act like a wookie, especially when drunk.
So along I went with il-Fre u il-mara tieghu to room 255. Toni was still going on with the lecture and this worried me.
"Could the uprising afford losing nine minutes?" I wondered.
Before I had time to decide, a head popped out of the door. It was Toni's; and it was floating in mid air like a meditating guru on acid. He looked left and right for a couple of times, verging on the speed of sound, and then decided that we're the rebels he was looking for. He asked us to give him a minute and soon enough he was standing next to us.
What followed was a brief but very interesting conversation; mainly with il-Fre. The contents of which is not really any of your business, just as it isn't any of mine. All I can say, however, is that to my disappointment there was no talk of any uprising.
Toni was full of energy and enthusiasm. He was somewhat different to what I expected. The photo on his blog had deceived me. In it he looks like he's going to break your neck twice. And that's scary. In person, however, he was friendly, funny and oozing enthusiasm, something I admire.
All in all an extremely interesting encounter, even though very brief. So I'll leave it at that, cause I'm beginning to sound too much like Guze...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home