Thursday, February 23, 2006

Shut your t(r)ap!

After a pretty long day at work and a longer lecture, I am usually too exhausted to do anything more than play numbers with the remote control. Passivity is nice, sometimes.
That's what I was doing yesterday when I flicked the channel on Net TV.
After recovering from my aesthetic shock of watching Joe Grima on TV, I attempted to guess what the wide presenter was on about. Shock number two. George Pullicino on. The topic, it seems, was the environment. Words of wisdom were brushing the minister's moustache and gracing us with oracle truths . He was illuminating us with the information he got from a flier that he picked up while abroad on one of his frugal ministerial visits. He explained how we, as a people, can save the environment with a change in culture, daily actions and lifestyle. He seemed genuine enough. Then he gave us an example: "...if people close the tap while brushing their teeth in the morning..."
CUT! (*squeaking gibberish of the rewind button*) Come again Georgie? What was that? Sounds like you're asking me to close the tap. Close the tap? At that time of day, the only things I can convincingly close are my eyelids. It's fair enough I guess. I can understand that. I mean, a little effort from Joe public in the hope of cutting water consumption isn't the end of the word is it? It's even a good idea. But - and this is an even bigger butt than the one Grima was balancing on-asking me to save up on water when your own government is proposing two golf sodding courses?!?!? You must be out of your fucking mind! Either that or you are a botanical enthusiast who munched on the wrong type of mushrooms before the program. On second thoughts, that sounds rock n roll. No. I think you're just a wanker. A wanker with his own ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home