Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Carnival

Is it just me or has the Nadur carnival become the most popular three hills offering since il-bott il-blu? Am I the only one with a feeling that it has become more mainstream than Fab Fanny? I mean, I've been hearing so many people planning for this event that I can hardly get myself to refer to it as the spontaneous carnival without snickering.
Now don't get me wrong. I'm not the type to mourn the carnival's 'purity' or any of that sort of hogwash. In fact I have never been to the carnival. I have been meaning to go for years but unfortunately I find that I am much, much better at procrastinating than I am at doing. Either way, going to Gozo and finding Malta is not my cup of whisky. So I'll leave all the veteran fans and all the newbies to enjoy indulging in grotesque masks and surreal partying. Hopefully we'll get to read some stories on a couple of local blogs. Like the one that inspired my train of thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home