Sunday, March 05, 2006

Monday Blues

Pardon my lack of enthusiasm this morning but I'm sure you can empathise with my morning blues. Qed inhossni imzelleg bil-Malti. I don't feel like blogging but I have promised myself to keep updating this thing so I'll make that extra effort. I think I'll go for a brief weekend review. Yeah. That's it. Topic chosen. That's what I love about blogging. You start with an idea (or in this case, no idea) which then takes a life of its own during the writing process. Posts have the ability to direct themselves to unpredictable directions. So anyways, on to the weekend.
-royal trumpets playing-
Nothing much. Went to the comics thingy organised by Something Wicked. It was a great initiative. Although I went at a bad time (people were taking their siesta), I still managed to catch up with a friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in a while. Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity to meet gybexi. Apparently by a few minutes. Damn. Wanted to see that funky Chinaman from Brussels.
I Watched The Producers on Saturday. Zzzzzz. That thing is bo-ring (Put on Sacred Heart accent for added effect). I don't recommend it. In fact I recommend against it. Got too much singing and dancing for my liking. To be fair, the bits without the singing where ok. Sometimes even good. But before you manage to start enjoying it, another song kicks in. Yawn.
I admit I'm biased against musicals. There are some musicals that I love. Like this one. The Producers is nothing like it. The songs are not catchy. They're long. And they're as entertaining as a sodding bookmark. But enough about my bad movie decisions. The Producers doesn't deserve this much space. And I won't even mention that I could have stayed watching the Juventus match instead. Being a good boyfriend and an ex-Juve supporter made passing on the match an easy decision. The frustration at having done so only materialised during the second half of that piece of rotten dog shit.
I also had some time to catch up on some song-writing. Found the time to work on a couple of future songs and I'm very happy with the way they're sounding. Did some practicing for recording too which is always a plus, even if mind numbingly boring. I also managed to watch the episode of CSI directed by the master and got to rewatch Shaun of the Dead. All in all a good weekend. Taqta dak iz-zobb ta' Producers.

1 Comments:

Blogger gybexi said...

nah... gybexi wasn't there. it's just an unfounded rumour...

btw - i must say i quite like being called "the funky chinaman from brussels".

...and i'm missing malta. 'tis true.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home